Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Friday I went to Pixies concert. My brother had an extra ticket because his girlfriend didn't want to go. What a dumb thing for her. The show was amazing. It was at the Ryman which used to be a church way back it the really old days. It was also one of the locations used for The Grand Ole Opry. Now they have concerts and comedians. that's also where I saw Flight of the Conchords and Jim Gaffigan. So anyway you can't smoke in there but they had this ridiculous smoke machine. Which gave me the idea of making a band and going on tour but instead just have a cover band and a ton of smoke so no one would notice. I didn't really know the dancing protocol, everyone stood around and swayed and stuff. The really douchey people would like air band and fist pump. There was one guy pumping his fist so hard that he could have killed an innocent bystander. And during La La Love he was clutching his heart with all his might. Oh and a band called Fuck Buttons were the opener. They were awful. We walked out and I watched my brother and his friends smoke. After the show we went to go hang out with those friends. I know several of them, but it's weird to get a "Oh wow look at how much you've grown you used to be this big" from one of your brother's friends. It was a fun night.

Friday night we and some friends went to this hookah bar that everyone is obsessed with. I get the appeal of hookahs but I didn't like the place. There was weird Indian music playing while a TV with an arabic band playing was on silent. I wish they were just showing sports or something interesting. Somehow we spent two hours in that place. Then we went to the Hustler store to laugh at the sex toys. It was surprisingly not sleazy. Although the products were insane. The Great American Challenge will boggle any sane mind. I think my friends are going to buy a hookah soon, at least they better because I never want to go into tarboosh again.

No comments:

Post a Comment